Zinnia - Envy - Lime Green ( Zinnia elegans) Dahlia Flowered Envy Zinnia Flower
Height 30 in
So Amazing! We adore this Zinnia Dahlia flowered 'Envy' - it's large semi-double vibrant lime green blooms makes it a real show stopper, and an excellent choice for cutting flower gardens. This easy to grow Zinnia thrives in any sunny spot and is low maintenance once established. If planted in dappled sunlight, Envy's almost 'neon' blooms become a little deeper green in color.
Although zinnias are low maintenance, pinching young plants out promotes a compact, bushier plant. Remove the foliage and don't be afraid to cut off side shoots on the mainstem just harvested; deadheading the spent flowers keeps zinnias blooming. Zinnias are a 'cut and come again' flower - when you cut the plant 'hard', it responds by sending out even more long, strong stems all season long!
- Full sun
- Rich organic well draining soil
- Direct sow zinnia seed after the last frost - as soil can be worked; cover seed very lightly and keep the soil moist until all seedlings appear. Thin out to 12 in apart.
- OR start seeds indoors 4 weeks prior to last frost, acclimatize sprouts for 10 to 15 days, and transplant seedlings after all threat of frost has passed
- Germinates best at 21 C (70 F)-reduce heat after 3 – 4 leaf stage to 15 C (60 F).
- Germinates: typically 7 to 10 days
- Spacing 30 cm (12 in) apart.
- Succession planting every week or so for several weeks extends the flowering period
- Seed Count: 10