Strawberries - Fresca Fruit (Fragaria x ananassa ) Open Pollinated Summer Strawberry Fruit
- Delicious! A wonderful summer treat! This variety is an older strawberry that produces tasty medium-sized berries from the start of summer through until mid to late autumn. Grows very well in baskets and containers
- This variety will flower over and over if plants are picked regularly.
- Start the seeds indoors during the winter and transplant seedlings outdoors after risk of last frost has passed or direct sow outdoors if late start and may not produce much fruit in the first year, however, these sprawling plants will eventually yield strawberries over the next season.
- Sow the seeds indoors 4-5 weeks prior to last frost; plant seeds 1/16 in to 1/8 in deep and transplant seedlings outdoors after all risk of frost has passed
- OR direct sow as soon as the soil can be worked and all frost has passed. Strawberry seeds will germinate at any time of the year however if planted later may not produce in the first year
- Rows: 24 in -30in
- Plant Spacing: 12 in
- Days to Germination: 7 days - 6 wks
Germination Temperature: 55°-65°F. In order to get a crop the first year, sow Strawberry seeds up to 16 weeks before the last frost date.
- For fruits the first year, give them a really early start in December or January. Follow the growing instructions below, and then grow the seedlings on under bright artificial lights.
- Seed Count: 20 seeds