Squash - Acorn - Mashed Potato (Curcubita pepo) Winter Squash Open Pollinated Non GMO Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Height 24in tall
Acorn squash is a type of vegetable with a hard exterior and flesh and seeds inside that has a sweet, nutty flavour. Yes, the same acorn squash that you typically see with green skin and orange flesh is now available in a white variety that when cooked, looks a lot like mashed potatoes and has a mild potato like flavour. Matures in 90 days.
- Full Sun
- Start seeds indoors 3 to 4 weeks prior to last frost; plant 1 to 1 1/2 in deep
- Germinates in 7 to 14 days
- OR direct sow outdoors after all risk of frost has passed and plant in hills 4 ft apart or in rows 4 to 7 ft apart
- protect ripening summer squash from damp ground by placing them on boards. Cut summer squash carefully from plants to prevent damaging the vines.
- keep soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. Water well during dry and hot spells.
- Harvest 50 to 65 days after transplanting outdoors
- Seed count: 20