Rouge Vif D'Etampes Pumpkin Seed (Cucurbita maxima)Organic, Non GMO
DAYS TO MATURITY
Open Pollinated, this variety is a scarlet red flat French style pumpkin. Will do wonders in a fall display and as with all our varieties this is open pollinated heirloom non gmo. So if your looking for a unique red pumpkin add this to your line up. This variety is stunning
Pumpkins contain potassium, and have a positive effect on blood pressure; antioxidants are also said to help prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
Pumpkin is also one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene which is a powerful antioxidant that gives orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant orange coloring; the human body converts any ingested beta-carotene into vitamin A. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
For best results, do not plant pumpkins and other squash family crops in the same spot 2 years in a row.
- Full sun
- Fertile warm soil
- sow seeds directly into garden; for improved drainage sow in mounds, or hills, of soil 12 inches in diameter, 6-8 in tall
- Sow 4-6 seeds in groups about 3 in apart
- Each group should be about 4-6 feet apart
- Cover with 1 inch of fine soil and firm lightly
- Keep evenly moist
- Germinates: in 7-14 days
- Thin seedlings to 2-3 per group when they are 1-2 in high.
- Weeds compete with plants for water, space, and nutrients; control them by either cultivating often or use mulch.
- Keep plants well-watered but not saturated during the growing season, especially during dry spells. Pumpkin plants will need about 1-2 in of rain per week.
- Seed Count: 10