Pumpkin - Giant Jack O Lantern ( Cucurbita ) Halloween Pumpkin Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Height 1-2 ft H 15 ft L
Jack O'Lantern is the perfect Halloween pumpkin. Pumpkin is a cultivar of winter squash The round smooth, slightly ribbed skin is often deep yellow to orange and makes this variety perfect for carving! Plants produce pumpkins averaging 4.5 kg (10 lbs), this versatile variety is also fine grained and excellent for pies.
The thick shell contains the seeds and pulp. Classic orange pumpkins and white pumpkins are typically the best choice for pumpkin carving. This is one of the most popular orange varieties for carving the Jack-o-lantern, and the Lumina variety is a great choice for a white carving pumpkins.
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Start seeds indoors: sow seeds 2 cm 1 in deep. Sow 3 seeds in each spot you want a plant to grow and thin to the strongest plant. Keep in a sunny spot until germination occurs.
- If starting transplants indoors, consider using the 12-cell plug inserts, or a 3 in pot and transplant when all risk of frost has passed.
- OR plant outdoors after frost has passed
It takes about 90 - 110 days to grow pumpkins so planting by mid-July is the usual goal for farmers who will need some time to grow in time for late fall season
- Spacing: minimum of 90-120cm (36-48″) apart in rows 120-180cm (48-72″) apart.
- Plant in hills, mounds or rows
- Dig in a generous quantity of finished compost and/or composted manure.
- Dig in 1 cup of complete organic fertilizer under each plant.
- All pumpkins grow male flowers first, then the female flowers are produced.
- Germinates in 7-14 days
- Seed Count: 15