Marjoram - Common Majoram (Origanum majorana) Aromatic Marva Medicinal Herb
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Common Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
Marjoram is a cold-sensitive perennial herb. It has sweet pine and citrus flavors and is used in many Mediterranean dishes. It is a similar flavor to oregano, but slightly milder.
In some Middle Eastern countries, marjoram is synonymous with oregano, and there the names sweet marjoram and knotted marjoram are used to distinguish it from other plants of the genus Origanum. Oregano has a high concentration of the aromatic compound carvacrol, which gives it its savoury flavour; in contrast, Marjoram is sweeter as it is not high in carvacrol, and gets its flavour from aromatic compounds including sabinene(fresh, woody), terpinene (citrus) and linalool (floral).
- Direct sow Sweet Marjoram seeds uncovered in the spring. Pull the whole plant up in fall and hang to dry or pot some up to grow on a windowsill all winter.
- Pinch out tops when young to discourage fast growth and spreading.
- Great for containers or in the garden
- Prefers full sun with well-draining soil
- Marjoram flowers are attractive to honeybees and other pollinators
- Use the leaves and sprigs for oils and vinegar flavoring.
- Majoram is a medicinal herb and is commonly used for runny noses, common cold, and various digestive issues
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr