Luffa - Miriam Sponge Gourd- (Luffa cylindrica) Loofah Sin Gua Asian Angled Natural Sponge
This variety is an annual climber that bears cucumber-like fruits that, when it bears its long angled luffa fruit, let it dry out, peel it, and you are left with a fibrous all natural sponge.
- Soak Luffa seeds for 24 hours before planting.
- Direct sow after last frost or start indoors 4-6 weeks earlier and after the soil warms up.
- Plant the seeds in four inch pots filled with pre-moistened seed starting mix and use cover trays with plastic wrap or a seeding dome to increase humidity.
- Luffa is cold sensitive and takes 120-200 days to fully mature. Transplant them outdoors when the seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Grow them up an arbour or on a fence. Over the season they will grow 250 cm or larger.
- Harvest in the autumn and finish drying them in a well ventilated area.
- Seed count: 10