Lettuce - Red Leaf Boston (Lactuca sativa var. crispa) Red Leaf Boston Looseleaf Lettuce - Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Lettuce - Red Leaf Boston (Lactuca sativa var. crispa) Red Leaf Butterhead Looseleaf Lettuce - Non GMO & Organic Heirloom Vegetable
Height 12 in
Red Leaf Boston lettuce is a looseleaf lettuce. Boston lettuce have small round and loosely formed heads; leaves are large, soft, tender, leaves that grow from a central stalk. Red leaf lettuce has an earthy, mildly sweet or semi bitter flavour with a subtle hint of hazelnut.
- Full sun if not too hot; keep soil moist as too much heat and not enough water makes lettuce bolt
- Part sun is best
- Direct sow after all risk of frost has passed
- OR start seeds indoors 2-3 weeks prior to last frost; transplant out when seedlings are strong enough to handle and risk of frost has passed. Most leaf varieties reach maturity in 35 - 50 days
- Seeds need light to germinate; sow no more than 1/2 in deep and 1 in apart.
- Plants 12 in apart; rows should be 12 - 18 in apart at most or broadcast seeds in small areas with no formal rows
- harvest outer leaves as needed
- Harvest: lettuce regrows after leaves are cut or picked off the stem. As long as there is 1-2 inches of stem and leaves at the base, lettuce will shoot new growth in as little as a week. This is called the cut and come again harvesting method.
- Mature plants are not freeze tolerant
- Great for containers and window boxes.
- Seed count: 1 gr