Lemon Mint Bergamot – Bee Balm (Monarda Citriodora) Lemon Bee Balm Bergamot Monarda
Height: up to 100 cm
- Knee high plants produce masses of tiered whorls of pink and purple blossoms that grow in clusters 10 cm across up the stems at intervals.
- Entire plant is scented of lemon and mint
- Blooms summer to fall; edible flowers
- Full Sun; will tolerate part shade
- Spacing: 30 cm
- Direct seed after frost danger or start indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Cover seed
- Germinates @ 18 C
- Can self seed; seeds are easy to collect for seed saving.
- Flower stems are good for cut flowers and dry well
- deadhead regularly
- The dried flowers can be used in tea.
- Harvesting: seeds can be harvested 1-3 weeks after the flowers bloom. Bend the stems over a paper bag, when the brown seeds start dropping, they are ready to harvest.
- used for herbal remedies for high cholesterol and fats in the blood, anxiety, joint pain etc
- All bergamots are highly attractive to honeybees and other pollinators.
- Seed Count: 1/4 gram