Gourd - Apple Small (Cucurbita pepo) Organic Non GMO Apple Gourds Heirloom Vegetable
Height 18-24 in
What a fantastic little apple shaped gourd! Gourds have dark green skins when fresh and dry to become a warm brown color. Apple Gourds are primarily used for decoration. These gourds are great for decoration, crafting, and making birdhouses. Their shape is perfect for a wide variety of crafts.
Apple Gourds are easy to grow, and are the perfect size for a variety of crafts. Gourds need to have plenty of space, and they also grow more successfully with some support. This is due to the fact their vines and fruit need proper ventilation.
Note: Seed can be started indoors or outdoors: if you have a longer summer, seed outdoors. You may need to start seeds indoors in northern climates.
- Full sun
- Moist, well-draining
- Start seeds indoors about 3 to 4 weeks prior to last frost. Plant seeds 1/2 in deep and transplant outdoors when all risk of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- OR sow direct outdoors after all risk of frost has passed.
- Spacing: 18 to 24 in; Row Spacing: 6 in
- Plant seeds or seedlings in hills 6 in apart
- Matures in 100-120 days
- Harvest gourds when the stem has browned, or keep gourd on the stem to allow it to dry out fully. These gourds are great for decoration, crafting, and making birdhouses.
- Seed Count: 4