Foxglove - White (Digitalis purpurea) White Open Pollinated Foxgloves Flower
Height: 1.2 M
Gorgeous! And the bees absolutely love these tubular shaped flowers. If you look closely bumble bees actually cozy up and sleep inside the large bell shaped flowers that are positioned evenly around each tall spike!
Perfect for a white garden, cutting flower garden, and the quintessential cottage garden.
And they reseed themselves or you can harvest your own seeds and never have to buy foxglove seeds again!
- Direct seed in June; blooms in the second summer after it is seeded, or start indoors and transplant seedlings after all risk of frost has passed. Allow for space 24 inches apart. Staking required.
- Use at the back of mixed borders
- Prefers a rich, well-drained soil
- Sun to part shade
- Does not like wet soil
- Deadheading will encourage re-blooms, and restrain it from spreading its seed and popping up as a lovely but very unwelcome guest in pastures and hayfields.
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds from early to mid-summer.
- Seed Count: 1 gram