Cornflower Bachelor Button Black Boy (Centaurea cyanus) Black Ball Centaurea Heirloom Wildflower Flower Seeds
Height: 15 in to 18 in
This variety of Cornflower, also known as Bachelor Button, is a rare find! A fantastic deep shade of black and a wonderful addition to any wildflower or meadow garden. This heirloom variety originated in Britain and Europe. Also known as Black Bachelor Buttons
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Blooms early summer to fall.
- Propagation: Direct seed (preferred method) in fall or early spring.
- Can be started indoors 6 weeks before last frost; sow seeds 1/8 in deep; transplant to garden when soil is warm and seedlings are strong enough to handle.
- Suitable for beds and as a cut flower.
- Add these beauties to one or to a combination of orange, blue, purple, pink, yellow, red and white flowers for an incredible show.
- Deadhead to encourage blooming.
- This is a great self-seeder and a cottage style garden must have.
- Drought and deer tolerant
- Attracts butterflies and other pollinators
- Seed Count: 25