Columbine – Multicoloured Flowers (Aquilegia vulgaris) Mixed Color Aquilegia Flower Columbine
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Columbine – Multicoloured Flowers (Aquilegia vulgaris) Mixed Color Aquilegia Flower Columbine in Red, Blue, Yellow and White Mix
Height 1.5-3 feet
Absolutely stunning! Flowers cascade in varying shades of red, blue, yellow and white flowers and blooms from mid spring throughout early summer. A real show stopper!
- Attract hummingbirds
- Naturalized in open meadows and woodlands of eastern North America. One of about 70 varieties, popular due to wide array of colours
- Perfect addition to a cottage, border, rock, or woodland garden.
- It is believed that its Latin name derived from the word “aquila” which means, eagle; perhaps after the nectar spurs which have a resemblance to an eagles talons.
- Once used in folk medicine against liver and bile duct disorders, especially for jaundice and topically for skin inflammations. All parts of the plant are poisonous and not used by modern herbalists today. Should not be used without medical supervision!
- Full sun to part shade in average, well draining soil
- Toxic do not eat
- Attracts hummingbirds, bees and butterflies
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr