Carrot - Samaurai Red (Daucus carota) Red Samarai Kintoki Vegetable
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Carrot - Samaurai Red (Daucus carota) Red Samarai Kintoki-Type Carrots Vegetable
Height 10-12 in
Japanese kintoki-type (sweet red) F1 hybrid carrot variety with gorgeous glossy and bright deep scarlet tapered roots that are 10-12 in long; tender, sweet, and juicy carrots that have more anthocyanin than carotene, which gives it the deep color.
Excellent variety - sweet flavor makes this variety ideal for carrot juice. Enjoy fresh or steamed. Plant during late summer-early fall for winter harvest.
- Full Sun
- Carrots do not like being transplanted, recommended to sow them directly where they are to grow. Remove all stones from the soil – if a carrot root hits a stone it will fork - then rake the soil to a fine tilth. Well draining light sandy soil is best.
- Direct sow 1/4 in deep; 12 in spacing
- OR start seeds indoors if you must; use a peat free pot that can planted directly so as not to disturb the roots.
- Spacing: 12 in
- Germinates 1-3 weeks
- Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed.
- Thin by cutting tops to avoid disturbing remaining roots. Mulch to keep soil cool and conserve moisture.
- 70 to 90 Days to maturity.
- Water well before harvesting. Twist when pulling out of the ground to keep the leaves from breaking off in your hand. Once harvested, cut the leaves right away. This prevents the leaves from drawing moisture and nourishment from the root.
- After a couple of frosts, flavor enhances.
- Mulch with straw for protection in harsher climates
- Seed Count: 1/2 gr