Bean – Bush Bean - Royal Burgundy (Phaseolus vulgaris) Royal Burgundy Bush Beans Heirloom Variety
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Bush Bean – Royal Burgundy (Phaseolus vulgaris) Blue Lake Royal Burgundy Bush Beans Heirloom Variety
Height 15-20 in
Royal Burgundy produces absolutely delicious and beautiful purple pods that grow very well in cool weather and is unlikely to be challenged by bean beetles as it is a good disease resistant choice. Great for raised gardens and containers Disease resistant. High yields, and the green foliage makes the purple pods easy to find!
- Can be started indoors 3-4 weeks prior to last frost; use well draining soil and transplant when all risk of frost has passed.
- Direct sow seeds 2-5cm (1-2″) deep, 5-8 cm (2-3″) apart, in rows 45-60 cm (18-24″) apart. Thin to at least 15 cm (6″) apart in each row. If the weather is too wet, beans can also be started in pots indoors and set out carefully a few weeks later.
- For a continuous harvest, plant at 3 week intervals
- Grows to about 20 inches tall, a pole or trellis may help to give this hearty plant some added support, but not completely necessary hence the bush name
- Plant produces 6 inch bean pods that are round and plump
- pods are tender with a firm outer texture that makes them easy to snap
- beans are crisp and crunchy; can be eaten raw or cooked
- Seed Count: 35