Black Delight Viola Sorbet Series (Viola cornuta) Organic Non GMO - Edible Flower -Herb
Organic Black Delight Viola Sorbet Series, scientifically known as Viola cornuta, is a captivating flowering herb renowned for its unique dark purple and black blooms. This ornamental herb belongs to the violet family and is a versatile addition to gardens, adding a touch of elegance with its vibrant and visually striking flowers.
The Organic Black Delight Viola Sorbet Series (Viola cornuta) is a charming flowering herb with stunning deep purple and black hues. This delightful herb is not only a visual treat but also harbors potential healing properties. Traditionally, Viola cornuta has been associated with soothing properties, potentially offering mild relief from respiratory discomfort and promoting overall well-being.
- Type: Herbaceous perennial, often grown as an annual
- Germination Temperature: 60-70°F (15-21°C)
- Germination Time: 10-15 days
- Soil Type: Well-draining, fertile soil
- Sowing Depth: Surface sow, press seeds gently into the soil
- Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade
Viola Sorbet Series seeds typically exhibit a high germination rate, ranging from 70% to 80%. Ensuring proper conditions, such as consistent moisture and appropriate temperatures, will enhance successful germination.
Growing from Seed:
- Seed Starting: Begin seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before the last frost date. Surface-sow seeds on a well-moistened seed-starting mix in trays or pots.
- Germination: Cover the seeds lightly with soil and maintain consistent moisture. Place trays in a warm location with indirect light until germination occurs.
- Transplanting: Once seedlings have developed true leaves, transplant them into individual pots or directly into well-prepared garden soil. Choose a location with good sunlight exposure.
- Outdoor Planting: If growing as an annual, transplant seedlings outdoors after the last frost date. Space plants according to their mature size.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but avoid waterlogging. Viola Sorbet Series appreciates regular, moderate watering.
- Fertilization: Use a balanced, organic fertilizer during the growing season to encourage healthy foliage and abundant flowering.
- Maintenance: Deadhead spent flowers regularly to prolong blooming. Prune for shape and to prevent legginess.
- Seed count: 50
Viola Sorbet Series is often grown as an annual, but in suitable climates, it may exhibit perennial tendencies. Its dark and enchanting blooms make it a delightful addition to flower beds, containers, or borders. Enjoy the aesthetic appeal and, potentially, the mild healing properties of this charming herbaceous plant.