Bean - Pole Bean - Blue Lake (Phaseolus vulgaris) Blue Lake Pole Beans Non GMO Vegetable Haricot Heirloom Vegetable
Height 16-18 in
An heirloom variety that is strong and vigorous; this dark green bush bean has been around for many years, and known for its crisp and flavourful texture.
- Sow seeds 2-5cm (1-2″) deep, 5-8 cm (2-3″) apart, in rows 45-60 cm (18-24″) apart. Thin to at least 15 cm (6″) apart in each row. If the weather is too wet, beans can also be started in pots indoors and set out carefully a few weeks later.
- For a continuous harvest, plant at 3 week intervals
- Grows to about 18 inches tall, a pole or trellis may help to give this hearty plant some added support, but not completely necessary hence the bush name
- produces 5-6 inch bean pods that are round and plump
- pods are tender with a firm outer texture that makes them easy to snap
- beans are crisp and crunchy; can be eaten raw or cooked
- Seed Count: 25grams