Bean - Jade - Bush Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) NonGmo Open Pollinated Beans Vegetable
Jade Bush Bean is a standout Heirloom bean variety! The pods are long and round, and are a lovely deep jade green colour. These beans are a staple around the world because as they germinate and mature quickly, and store very well long term.
No supports needed!
Jade Bush Beans can be harvested when they reach full size, which is between 3 to 5 in - at their most tender and juiciest!
- 70 days to maturity.
- Germination: 4 to 10 days
- Germination Temperature: Optimum soil temperatures 70-85ºF
- Seed Sowing Depth: 1” deep
- Outside Sowing: After the last frost with soil temperatures above 60ºF. Sow 2-3” apart. Planting in soil under 60ºF results in poor germination.
- How much does a packet plant: 25 foot single row
- Harvest: Before the seeds bulge and beans snap easily. Pick continually every 2-3 days to prolong production.
- Tips: Grow in light
- Well-drained soil
- Provide adequate
- Even moisture, especially at flowering time. Dry soil can result in low yields and fibrous pods.
- Do not over fertilize the Jade Bush Bean with nitrogen, which results in a surplus of foliage and low, delayed pod growth.
- Adding inoculent at planting time aids in a larger harvest and more robust plants.
- Sow a few times a season, 3 to 4 weeks apart for a continuous harvest.
- Seeds Count: 25