Celery - Chinese Celery (Apium graveolens secalinum) Asian Celery non GMO & Organic Vegetable Herb
Frais d'expédition calculés lors du passage à la caisse.
Celery - Chinese Celery (Apium graveolens secalinum) Chinese Celery non GMO & Organic Vegetable Herb
This celery is actually a flowering herb that is used to flavour many dishes; the celery flavour we taste in so many dishes doesn’t come from the classic celery we grow but from this smaller, much easier, and faster growing variety.
- The stems of Chinese celery are longer, crispier, and hollow along their length and this variety grows in a rosette stemming from the base of its roots.
- This variety of celery wants cooler growing conditions.
- Starting seeds indoors; surface sow onto moist, well-drained seed compost. Light is needed for germination. Ideal temp. 10-15°C. Germination takes 2-3 weeks approx. Germination can be erratic. Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle and after the danger of frost has passed; spacing 25cm.
- Direct sow seeds around the middle of April by just pressing them lightly into the surface of the soil, and keep the planting area moist.
- Fragrant, ancient Asian vegetable-herb has hollow, thin crispy stems and delicate wispy leaves.
- Seed Count: 20